Springfield Lakes Wetlands and Gully Detail Design
Opossum Creek at Springfield Lakes Estate required rehabilitation as a condition of development works within the surrounding catchment.
AWC were commissioned to completed ecological and geomorphic investigations leading to the detailed design of three stormwater wetlands and approx 1.2km of creek restoration works.
- Review gully and creek conditions.
- Modelling stormwater treatment targets
- Modelling (sizing of hydraulic structures)
- Surrounding landscape rehabilitation plans
- Design of three wetlands
Partners & Stakeholders
- Lend Lease
- Total Water Solutions
- Australian Wetlands Landscaping Qld
Client: Lend Lease
Challenges: Creating a site sensitive design through bio engineering approaches within a high energy waterway