The protection of aquatic and terrestrial ecology is guided by multiple levels of legislation across Australia.
Key ecological services provided by AWC include:
• BAM Assessments
• Flora and fauna, rehabilitation, monitoring and reporting
• Ecological surveys
• Vegetation management
• Bushfire assessments
• Aquatic surveys
• Rehabilitation plans
• Koala surveys
• Ecological Design
AWC are BAM accredited
All of the ecologists at Australian Wetlands Consulting are Accredited Biodiversity Assessment Method Assessors (BAM Assessor) under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (NSW).
The Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (NSW) requires BAM Assessors to complete accreditation training and provide extensive evidence of ecological experience to be accredited. Only accredited BAM Assessors can undertake biodiversity assessments using the Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM).
Along with all other ecological assessments Australian Wetlands Consulting can now provide assistance in the preparation Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports and Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment Reports.
To find out how we can assist you with your ecological needs please contact us on (02) 66871 550 or email email@example.com
Contaminated Groundwater and Global Health
Contaminated groundwater expertise is a hugely important part of what we do at Australian Wetlands Consulting (AWC). 25-40 percent of the world’s drinking water is groundwater. Besides, groundwater is crucial for the irrigation of farmland and the health of environmental ecosystems. Contamination of a groundwater source can have far-reaching adverse effects for global health and ecology. By testing, monitoring, and managing groundwater—and by performing groundwater assessment on contaminated land—AWC makes a difference for the better.
Why Trust AWC Regarding Contaminated Soil Assessment?
From development projects to post-development monitoring and environmental surveys, we provide contamination assessment in many situations.
- Our experience. For more than 25 years, we have been performing contaminated soil assessment as part of a broader focus on water and ecology. We have a depth of experience and knowledge on our team that makes us invaluable allies for any groundwater-related project.
- We have a broad base of knowledge. Water and ecology do not exist in a vacuum. These parts of our environment impact every facet of our day-to-day lives, which mean they also touch many industries and fields of study. Our team comprises water scientists, aquatic and terrestrial ecologists, botanists, catchment managers, landscape engineers and more—a broad base of knowledge that allows us to provide big-picture services to our clients.
- We have a background in development. Many developers engage our services for assistance with the responsible planning, management, supervision, and post-project monitoring for construction undertakings. Our knowledge makes us assets for these types of projects, not only in the science of groundwater and ecology but also thanks to our understanding of legislative factors that might impact a project.
Related Services We Provide to Contaminated Groundwater Assessment
We offer a wide range of services that fall into three main categories: water, ecology, and management—all these services relate to our contamination investigation and assessment capabilities in one way or another.
- Water. Our water-related services include the management of any water source, including lakes, rivers, creeks, estuaries, or reservoirs. Specific services may include water quality testing or monitoring, groundwater or waterway rehabilitation, water-sensitive urban design (WSUD), geomorphology, estuary management, wastewater treatment and stormwater management planning.
- Ecology. A property development, a groundwater problem, a polluted waterway, all these situations can lead to big consequences for ecological environments. We play our part in the protection of both aquatic and terrestrial ecology by performing ecological surveys, aquatic surveys, vegetation management processes, koala surveys, ecological design, rehabilitation planning, BAM (Biodiversity Assessment Methodology) assessments and monitoring, reporting or rehabilitation of flora and fauna.
- Management. While your business may hire AWC for a simple contamination assessment in Australia, we often end up providing additional services to train our clients on how to improve their processes or implement smart management protocols for their projects. Our services in this category include compliance audits, project management plans, catchment management plans, environmental impact studies, training and capacity building, soil or water management and more.
Key Questions to Ask AWC about Contaminated Soil Assessment in Australia
What is the smartest time to start asking questions about contaminated soil assessment in Australia? The answer is before your project ever breaks ground, and long before assessment is necessary because of your activities. Here are vital questions you should have in mind even during the construction design process:
- What are my compliance obligations? All construction or development projects are accountable to local, state, and federal guidelines intended to protect the environment, from on-site soils and groundwater to nearby waterways or habitats. We can advise you on your legal obligations.
- How might my project have an ecological impact? When you are digging up land for new development, you are disrupting an ecosystem. These activities can disrupt fauna habitat, lead to runoff that affects aquatic habitation, alter groundwater conditions and more. We can help you assess these impacts before you ever break ground so that you know how to mitigate them.
- Has AWC ever performed a project similar to mine? You can trust us as partners for whatever you require, be it an environmental impact statement or contaminated groundwater assessment processes. Over the years, we have completed hundreds of projects, from private sector builds to industrial projects, all the way to government contracts. Read more about our project history.
Why AWC Is Cost-Effective
It is always less costly to plan, to take precautions and to follow the law than to make an expensive mistake. Overstepping a compliance boundary or damaging an ecological environment with careless practices are errors that can have years of consequences. Planning—or taking steps to repair mistakes quickly—is what AWC can help you do. Contact us today to get started.
Trust Australian Wetlands Consulting as Your Ecology Consultant
If you need a knowledgeable ecology consultant in the Byron Bay area, look no further than the professionals at Australian Wetlands Consulting. Our talented team works hand-in-hand with you on any ecological matter or concern.
Why You Should Use Australian Wetlands Consulting
We strive to be your first choice when you need ecology services in Byron Bay. When you work with our team, you can always expect the following:
- Experience: With nearly 30 years of experience in the industry, our team prides itself on remaining up to date with the latest ecological advancements. Our crew has experience in working with a variety of clients from both the private and government sectors. Examples of entities that we have partnered with in the past include the city of Sydney, the Tweed Shire Council, and the city of Ipswich. We offer our services throughout Australia.
- Certified Biodiversity Assessment Method assessors: Our staff goes the extra mile to ensure that we understand every aspect of the ecology in your area. As Biodiversity Assessment Method assessors, also known as BAM assessors, we can provide you with in-depth site assessment reports that help you better understand the land around you.
- A comprehensive service: Our team provides our clients with an all-inclusive approach to our consulting services. We work with you through every step of the way from the initial plan to any necessary construction as well as supervising the project to ensure we manage everything efficiently.
Related Services We Provide to Ecological Surveys
Our team works tirelessly to put together comprehensive surveys on a variety of ecological issues. Other services that we also provide our clients include:
- Water services: Our water services include an enormous amount of useful information that can help you manage the various bodies of water on or near your property. Examples include details about wastewater treatment, estuary management, and stormwater management plans.
- Detailed case studies: We enjoy advising our clients and the public about our various projects. Our case studies provide you with an excellent resource about the details surrounding a particular property or piece of land. Read more about our recent projects and studies here.
- Management services: Do you need more insight on how better to manage the soil and water on your property? Perhaps you are looking for a full overview of the different environmental factors that can make an impact on your company. We are here to help. Our management services give you the answers to these critical concerns. Our leading goal is to help you make plans to create a system of environmental improvements that benefit not only your company but the health of the world on the whole.
Why Australian Wetlands Consulting is Cost-Effective
The Australian Wetlands Consulting staff is here to provide you with the environmental insight that you need to ensure that your company can efficiently manage the bodies of water in and around your property.
Would you like to find out more about our ecological services? Reach out to us today through our contact page.