Australian Wetlands Consulting (AWC) is a multi-award winning environmental design and consulting company committed to creating a better environment through sustainable and innovative solutions consistent with ‘best practice’. AWC specialises in a wide range of environmental design and consulting services for local and state government, industry and the private sector.
AWC originated from Australian Wetlands — a company providing specialist consultancy services since 1993.
AWC offers a multi-disciplinary team to maximise project outcomes. Our staff throughout Australia include botanists, aquatic and terrestrial
ecologists, water scientists, catchment managers, landscape architects and engineers.
AWC provides a comprehensive service to clients, from planning through to construction management and supervision. Our thorough knowledge
of ‘the science’, combined with our understanding of the local, state and federal legislation results in a service that offers practical solutions and
add value to projects.
The management of our creeks, rivers, lakes, estuaries and reservoirs is one of the most defining tasks for land managers today.
Key water services include:
- Stormwater, wastewater, creeks, estuaries
- Stormwater Management Plans
- Water quality monitoring
- Wastewater treatment
- Waterway Rehabilitation
- Estuary Management
The protection of aquatic and terrestrial ecology is guided by multiple levels of legislation across Australia.
Key ecology services include:
- BAM Assessments
- Flora and Fauna, rehabilitation, monitoring and reporting
- Ecological surveys
- Vegetation management
- Bushfire Assessment
- Aquatic surveys
- Rehabilitation plans
- Koala Surveys
- Ecological design
We add value to a project through training and capacity building, making lasting improvements through better systems.
Key management services include:
- Project delivery, management plans, compliance
- Catchment management plans
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Review of Environmental Factors
- Environmental Management Plans
- Training and capacity building
- Soil and Water Management
Our landscape architecture prioritizes top-tier design, environmental sustainability, and meaningful human engagement with outdoor spaces.
Key landscape services include:
- Masterplan and landscape strategies
- Rehabilitation and management plans
- River rehabilitation and stabilisation
- Green engineering solutions
- Open Space Planning
- Trail design and bush infrastructure
- Interpretive signage / Wayfinding
- Water-sensitive urban design
- Visual communications
- Opportunities and constraints plans
- Urban heat island studies
- Nature Play
AWC has completed hundreds of projects in collaboration with government, industry and the private sector.
Damian McCann, Managing Director
Damian is a Director of Australian Wetlands Consulting and has worked in the fields of Environmental consulting, design and ecological restoration for over 15 years.
Damian’s areas of expertise include catchment and integrated water cycle management, WSUD, the use of wetlands for wastewater treatment and ecological and waterway restoration. Damian has provided environmental consultancy, design and project management services to state and local government and private companies throughout Australia and contributed to a number of guidelines and best pactice documents.