AWC (Australian Wetlands Consulting) has been an industry leader in water, environment and ecological design since 1993
Australian Wetlands Consulting (AWC) is an industry leader in ecological consulting, stormwater, wastewater and catchment management, providing a range of specialist environmental design and consulting services for local and state government and the private sector. From federally funded infrastructure projects through to small subdivisions our goal is to simplify complex issues, speed up approvals and add value to every project.
Latest News & Projects
On the back of new and ongoing projects, we are seeking an ecologist to work in either Sydney or the North Coast. We need someone with a relevant degree and minimum of 5 years experience including ecological assessments in accordance with the BAM.read more
Sustainability is a key priority for our business. One of our aims this year was to become carbon neutral to minimise our long-term impact on the planet. AWC partnered with the company, Carbon Neutral, who audited our business operations and calculated our carbon footprint.read more
AWC worked with Mackay Regional Council to rehabilitate 720m of Little McCready’s Creek between Bucasia-Mackay Rd and Dawson Blvd. AWC engaged to ‘naturalise’ a waterway within a suburb of Mackay. The creek had been turned into a trapezoidal drain when the surrounding development was created. This resulted in a decrease in water quality, loss of habitat features and biodiversity, unnatural flow regimes and erosion.read more
The restoration works were required to halt an active head cut in proximity to public infrastrucutre. This was combined with extensive weed control and rehabiltation of the riparian zone.read more
In order to intercept nitrates from fertalisers running off a pineapple farm into the ocean AWC designed an inline bioreactor within an existing drain.read more
Why You Should Use Reputable Environmental Planning Consultants
Whether you operate a small business or a large corporation, our environmental planning consultants can help you simplify complex issues, speed up approvals and add long-term value to your project. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience working with various clients. Our company has more than 25 years of experience leading the industry in environmental design and consulting services.
Why Trust Australian Wetlands Consulting (AWC) Regarding Environmental Consulting in Australia?
We are an industry leader in environmental design and consulting services that include:
Extensive experience: Our company and skilled professionals have extensive experience working with various clients from the local and state governments and private industries. Many of our qualified staff have represented councils, organisations and the private sector as a professional witness in court proceedings.
- A multi-disciplinary team of consultants: We can cater to your situation and business with our large team of consultants. Our multi-disciplinary staff include environmental consulting engineers, ecologists, botanists, water scientists, catchment managers, landscape architects and more.
- Winner of environmental awards: Our team commits to improving the environment through sustainable and innovative solutions. This dedication to implementing the best practice in our projects has seen us presented with several awards, including the 2017 Award for Excellence in Integrated Stormwater Design.
What to Consider When Hiring Environmental Consultants in Australia
Here are our tips of what to look for in an environmental consultant.
- Availability of resources: Environmental consultants should have the appropriate resources to complete your project. These requirements can include adequate staff, equipment and experience. We complete every project to a high standard using innovative solutions.
- Experience: Use consultants who have a reputable track record of completed projects. These references can tell if you will get a comprehensive service with the most suitable and sustainable outcome for your project. We have a large team of highly experienced employees who are knowledgeable in a range of different ecological, wastewater, stormwater and catchment issues.
- Services: Numerous elements make up environmental work. Your project can flow more smoothly with a company that integrates several areas of ecological and environmental planning such as investigations, consultations and project management. We provide a range of services that fit into three overlapping categories. These categories are water, ecology, and management.
Signs You Should Invest in Environmental Consultancy in Australia
Consider these signs that indicate you should invest in environmental consultancy services.
- You want to stay compliant: It can be time-consuming to remain up to date with the continuous changes to environmental compliance rules and regulations. To save you time and effort, our knowledgeable consultants can assess your operations and create the ideal plan to ensure that you adhere to current environmental regulations.
- You desire to reach your environmental goals: A professional and experienced consultant can help you to achieve your environmental goals such as recycling material or implementing sustainable practices. They will use innovative ideas to create a solution to your issue that reduces the impact of your business on the environment.
- You want to minimise health and safety risks: While reducing the impact on the environment, consultants can also assist you in reducing health and safety risks for your employees and clients.
What Makes AWC a Reputable Service?
Our company has an experienced multi-disciplinary team of consultants including water scientists, catchment managers, botanists, landscape architects and engineers, and more. We provide a comprehensive service to our clients from initial contact to completion of the project. Our service includes planning, construction management and supervision. We have extensive knowledge of environmental and ecological science as well as local, state and federal legislation. We will offer you practical solutions for your project. Contact our environmental and sustainability consultant today.
AWC provides a comprehensive service to clients, from planning through to construction management and supervision. Our thorough knowledge of ‘the science’, combined with our understanding of the local, state and federal legislation results in a service that offers practical solutions and add value to projects.
AWC offers a multi-disciplinary team to maximise project outcomes. Our staff in Sydney, Byron Bay, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast include botanists, aquatic and terrestrial ecologists, water scientists, catchment managers, landscape architects and engineers. Our staff have represented local councils, not-for-profit organisations and the private industry as expert witnesses in a number of court proceedings.