Babinda Constructed Wetland & Plain Rehabilitation
As part of the Reef Recovery Program, AWC in partnership with Jaragun developed a strategy and detailed design to intercept sediment and nitrates from a 2000 hectare agricultural catchment.
The works included extensive consultation to win the support of landholders before delivering a constructed wetland and floodplain rehabilitation works despite significant site constraints.
A key challenge was to create a large wetland while minimising earthworks and exposure of ASS.
- Pollutant export and water balance models
- Earthworks design
- Hydraulic design
- Vegetation management strategy
- Construction documentation
Client: Jaragun Natural Resource Management
- Winning the support of landholders
- Delivering landscape scale wetlands with difficult site constraints and limited budget.