Guanaba Creek Bridge Replacement: Environmental Investigation Report
Flora and fauna identification | Legislative review | Soil assessments and erosion control
Gold Coast City Council commissioned AWC to complete an Environmental Investigation Report (EIR) for the replacement of the Guanaba Creek Road Bridge at Maudsland. The project requires the removal and replacement of the existing single lane bridge with a double lane bridge and re-alignment of the road approaches associated with the new bridge site.
The focus of the environmental investigation was to identify the environmental factors and impacts relevant to the proposed works and identify any relevant mitigation measures which may be required such that any environmental impacts are minimised.
- Identification of proposed impacts to native flora and fauna
- Assessment of potential soil loss and erosion that may occur during construction
Partners & Stakeholders
- Gold Coast City Council
- Re-alignment minimises vegetation loss in the context of existing constraints
- Impacts to habitat for threatened fauna avoided
- Direct impacts of the proposed works are likely to be relatively low.
- Works likely to require two applications for permits/approvals/licenses
Project Value: $11,000
Challenges: Achieving the project outcome with regard to existing constraints