Iluka Bay foreshore erosion project
Landscape design | Erosion control | Estuary Management | Review of Environmental Factors
Iluka Bay and the associated foreshore area is an important asset for the Iluka community. However, the foreshore was showing signs of erosion and other management problems in 2009. This resulted in Clarence Valley Council completing the Iluka Bay Foreshore Plan of Management (POM). The POM required a detailed design response to the ‘immediate priority’ action identified in the POM, which formed the basis of this project.
The project involved detailed site assessments, design drawings to rectify erosion and a Review of Environmental Factors to implement the works.
- To improve the amenity and recreational values of the Iluka Bay Foreshore
- To provide a cohesive strategy for managing the Iluka Bay Foreshore in terms of landscape, recreation, stormwater, erosion and public access.
Partners & Stakeholders
- Coffey Geotechnics
- Clarence Valley Council
- Detailed documentation of causes of identified erosion
- Detailed design of remediation actions
- Recommendations being built under budget
Project Value: $30,000
Challenges: Working in a dynamic and highly modified tidal zone