Pacific Highway Upgrade, Ballina Bypass
Ecological Assessment | Environmental Planning | Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
To develop a strategy for the compensation package for a 200 ha coastal wetland complex and undertake ecological monitoring for three years.
- To develop a compensation package for highway upgrades impacting upon SEPP14 coastal wetlands
- To deliver a restored wetland complex
- To develop a management plan that satisfies the requirements of various stakeholders
Partners & Stakeholders
- NSW RMS
- Restoration strategy for 200 ha of coastal wetlands prepared
- Implementation of monitoring and restoration measure in progress
Project Value: $150,000
Challenges: Negotiating with numerous stakeholders from State and Local Government. Working with endangered ecological communities in a highly modified landscape.