Restoration Strategy Belongil-Cumbebin Wetland Complex
Site Investigations | Community Consultation | Water Quality & Wetland Rehabilitation Strategies
To produce a Wetland Restoration Strategy developed in accordance with the Northern Rivers Catchment Blueprint that sets the framework for integrated and holistic management into the future.
- To produce a Plan for the Belongil-Cumbebin wetland complex addressing all natural resource management issues
- To prioritise natural resource management issues and sites for strategic on-ground works
- To enable the brokerage of funding to implement the WRS’s recommendations, including the provision of technical/professional assistance to landowners where necessary
- To achieve stakeholder ownership and acceptance of the Strategy by comprehensive adoption and implementation of recommendations.
- Wetland Care Australia
- Northern Rivers Catchment Management Authority
- Production of a working document that satisfied a range of interest groups in the Byron Shire.
- Creation of a pragmatic working document
Project Value: $40,000
Challenges: Producing a document that satisfies the needs of competing user groups. Maintaining project focus over an extended time frame