Rocky Point Power, Effluent Treatment Wetlands
Concept and Feasibility Design | Wetland Design
To treat cooling tower effluent from a co-generation power plant prior to reuse for irrigation and discharge to the Logan Estuary and Marine Park.
- To reduce the concentration of nitrogen and phosphorus within cooling tower waters
- To reduce the concentration of heavy metals within cooling tower waters
- Prevent algal blooms within effluent storage ponds
- Provide high quality irrigation water for the growing of sugar cane
- Add to the biodiversity values of the area
- Queensland Laboratory Pty Ltd
- Rocky Point Green Power
- Project completed on time and within budget
- Substantial modelled reduction in pollutants
Project Value: $40,000
Challenges: Working in a high profile environment subject to intense stormwater runoff.