Upper Coopers Creek temporary access road
AWC were engaged by NSW Public Works to assess the poposed temporary access road to Upper Coopers Creek following a severe landslip in early 2013. AWC completed detailed ecological and contamination assessment of the proposed roadway, liaised with affected landowners and prepared a Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for the project.
- To determine whether any habitat within the roadway corridor was of ecological significance
- To determine the potential for disturbance of contaminated soils
- Detailed review of the proposed works under relevant statutory instruments
- Consultation with stakeholders to achieve mutual outcomes
Partners & Stakeholders
- NSW Public Works
- The REF (including supporting studies) has been determined, and a final decision for road construction rests with the Department of Roads & Maritime Services (RMS)
Project Value: $12, 000
Challenges: Consultation with a range of stakeholders; minimising environmental impacts.